Re: Assignment of undo tablespace to new user

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 20:33:59 +1000

DEspite the marketing, RAC doesn't scale awfully well. I'd say it's nearly linear one node to two nodes. After that, it tails off rather rapidly.

Sad, but true.

I'd still advocate it for high-availability. I'm not sure I'd promote it as a scalability/speed-up solution.

And I think that's intrinsic to inter-node communication issues. I can't see how you'd go about improving what's already in RAC, and it strikes me as one of the most 'adult' solutions on the market (compared with OPS or, heaven forbid, Microsoft's clustering technologies, RAC is streets ahead of the competition). But it still won't scale.

Regards