Re: Login Password Encryption - Oracle How to

From: Hari Vetsa <hvetsa_at_apeakeasy.net>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 13:38:30 -0700

Only "oracle" login are encrypted by default. you have few options

(*) I believe in Oracle 9i you can configure the SQLNET with SSL ( not sure about more specifics)

(*) Since you are in control of client side, You can encrypt the password on the client and send that to server which also has encrypted password stored.