Login Password Encryption - Oracle How to

From: Alex Smith <SorryNoSpam_at_Please.Com>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 17:24:41 GMT

We have a client server application written in Java with Oracle DB as the backend.

Currently, User Login Id & Password is sent as CLEAR TEXT and stored in the database columns.

I am researching Password Transmission over Intranet and storing in the database.

What is the right way of doing it. Any documentation, Links I can go to - To Research the standards... Received on Sat May 24 2003 - 12:24:41 CDT