Re: URGENT! shared memory realm does not exist

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 16:36:40 GMT

> Sorry, its service pack **TWO** not three.

Thanks.

I understand that you selected Personal Edition during the install. For confirmation - when you get into SQL*Plus does it say "Personal Edition"? And are there related services?

My laptop is W2K/SP3 with 4 instances of 9iR2/EE. If I have them all on Automatic it takes a long time to start all 4 instances. To get around this, I have a set of batch files like:

startdev.bat
net start oracleservicedev1

stopdev.bat
net stop oracleservicedev1

that I can run manually from the command prompt. You might want to take the manual approach. Note that "net stop ora..." responds with 'could not be stopped', presumably it times out before the shutdown completes.

Is it really necessary to run 2 instances? I've found many occasions where the schemas can be consolidated into 1 instance, saving huge piles of resources. Might be worth checking whether that can be done in your case. Received on Fri May 23 2003 - 11:36:40 CDT