Background processes

From: R.B <rich.bevan_at_bt.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 14:23:44 +0100

Can anyone tell me what initiates the Oracle background processes which are named

ora_j000_SID
ora_j001_SID ...

when displayed by ps -ef on Solaris. By what I mean is it a user processes thru a network connection or a process as a result of a package etc

The Oracle version is 9.2. Also, although I looked in the docs I could not see a complete list of all background processes and an explanation of what they are on Oracle 9.2 - has anyone got one

Thanks Received on Thu May 22 2003 - 08:23:44 CDT