CPU Power or bigger Cache?

From: Oliver Kleis <ok*spam*news_at_nwb.de>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 10:44:11 +0200

Hello NG,

we will buy a new Oracle-Database-Server in the next week an so I have a question to the Oracle-Profis here at the NG ;)

We have the choose between a dual P4 2,4GHZ Xeon with 512kb Cache or a dual P4 2GHZ with 2MB Cache. The price difference between the both System is ca 10000€.
Now my bose want to know what`s the best for our company. I think that the System with the bigger Cache is faster but how much? Has anyone some benchmark between 512kb und 2MB Cached P4s or some experience with this?
I have already search in the Internet (google) but I couldn`t find some usefull at all :-(

I hope for help :)

--
Thank You,
	Oliver Kleis