Re: memory usage, 2 javas, 2 apaches?

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 06:13:22 GMT

On Sun, 18 May 2003 09:01:57 +1000, Howard J. Rogers wrote:

> Oh, come on. She's reading some books, she's starting to learn, she admits
> to being a newbie.

What she needs is a bit of common sense. I volunteer to provide geekish humor and sarcasm. Those two provide many benefits to a ripening oracle talent. You cannot install an industry strength database software on a simple PC running windows and expect that nothing will happen and that doom and diablo2 will perform as well as they used to when Oracle was not loaded. Without being exposed to a down to earth geek like me she might ripen and mature into a PHB and become your or mine boss. While I don't really care about the first alternative, the latter scares the living daylight out of me.

> I think you could be a bit more tolerant.

English is not my native tongue. What does the word "tolerant" mean? Does that mean putting up with little humor on your own account when you openly state that you're going to use this newsgroup as a free tutor? Me speaks bad English.

> And a bit more
> informative on this specific matter (such as mentioning that all Oracle
> documentation is available at http://tahiti.oracle.com).

Oh, well, My English might not be very good, bud she did mention that she installed the literature, didn't she? If she did, why would she need the literature on the OTN? She has all the books on her hard drive.

--
Mladen Gogala
Software is like sex, it is better when it is free.