Re: memory usage, 2 javas, 2 apaches?

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 09:01:57 +1000

"Mladen Gogala" <mgogala_at_adelphia.net> wrote in message news:pan.2003.05.17.22.43.18.4960_at_adelphia.net...
> On Sat, 17 May 2003 09:10:10 -0700, Amy Hughes wrote:
>
> > Also, my hard disk is accessed about once per second. This is a new
> > behavior since installing Oracle. What's it doing?
>
> It's executing the RTFM procedure.

Oh, come on. She's reading some books, she's starting to learn, she admits to being a newbie. I think you could be a bit more tolerant. And a bit more informative on this specific matter (such as mentioning that all Oracle documentation is available at http://tahiti.oracle.com).

I realise I'm biased given her choice of reading material, but I'd think this a bit harsh, given the level of detail she included in her original post, regardless.

Regards
HJR Received on Sat May 17 2003 - 18:01:57 CDT