Re: Query to re-create ini.ora

From: Anton Buijs <remove_aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 15:40:57 +0200

Charles Davis <cdavis10717_at_comcast.net> schreef in berichtnieuws d4ycncHO1tg0pVujXTWcpw_at_comcast.com...
| Hi, all!
|
| Does anyone have a query that can essentially "re-create" the init.ora
file
| showing only the originally specified parm values and exclude default
parms?

| Thanks.
|
| Charles

Query V$PARAMETER. Column ISDEFAULT will be FALSE when a value is not the default.
Beware that some parameters are derived from others and may be indecated as not default. I checked it with sessions (not in init.ora) that is derived from processes (is in init.ora) but to my suprise sessions had isdefault=true so mayby Oracle deals with it properly. I like the "Reference Guide" (http://tahiti.oracle.com) where init.ora paramaters, V$-views and static views are described and some other interesting things (limits, wait events). It is the source for finding answers on these type of questions. Received on Sat May 17 2003 - 08:40:57 CDT