Re: About Windows CE, .NET and Oracle

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 10:33:29 +0200

"Juan Ant. Santiago" <nonono_at_lapeli.no> wrote in message news:N9mxa.7932$FN3.963194_at_news.ono.com...
> Hi you all.
> Has any of you ever used the .net compact framework accessing to an oracle
> database? I've done this:
>
> - Installed SDE (Smart device extensions) over Visual Studio .NET 2002
> - Downloaded and installed Microsoft .NET Data Provider for Oracle.
>
> I add the reference to my Smart Device Application Project, and I get a
> System.Typeload Exception if I try to declare an OracleConnection
reference.

> The most amazing thing to me, it's that it just doesn't execute anything.
It
> doesn't fail at the line where I create the object, but doesn't execute
> anything!
>
> I really appreciate any help, since I need to do this. Did I do anything
> wrong?
>
> Thank you very much.

Why do you *need* to do this? Why do you post this in an Oracle newsgroup? Why do you assume it is an Oracle problem? Because Microsux software never displays any bugs? Maybe that's true, Microsux sw intended to work with Oracle usually just doesn't work at all! Have Microsoft resolve their own problems! I am also not aware any Oracle product was ever certified for Windows CE. People using Microsoft usually also loose the ability to read.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA