Re: TX mode 4 locks

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 10:46:36 +0100

I like the thorough description of the
things you've checked to pin down the
problem and eliminate possibilities.

One option that you haven't covered
is that sessions 105 and 203 may be
trying to insert rows with primary keys
that session 8 has inserted but not
committed.

In this circumstance, 105 and 203
have to wait for 8 to commit or rollback so that they can decide whether to
stop and raise "duplicate key" or carry on.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

  The educated person is not the person
  who can answer the questions, but the
  person who can question the answers -- T. Schick Jr

One-day tutorials:
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/tutorial.html

____Denmark__May 21-23rd
____Sweden___June