Re: standard or enterprise edition

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 21:59:18 GMT

Tom wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm costing for a project that will involve a hot spare db for disaster
> recovery purposes. I'm wondering if standard edition included replication or
> do i need enterprise edition for that?
>
> What are the other ways of making sure both db's automatically are in sync
> without doing say 2 daily exp's and imp's ?

Look at Oracle's Data Guard. If you refer to the documents I mentioned, you will find that Data Guard is included in Enterprise - I'm not sure whether it's included in Standard (don't think so).

Data Guard was designed for a hot standaby situation - replication not required. Received on Fri May 16 2003 - 16:59:18 CDT