Re: Rich Niemiec live at ODTUG!

From: Paul Drake <drak0nian_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 16 May 2003 15:08:17 -0700

"Carlos A" <carlaus2002_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<ba2vre$p5r$1_at_online.de>...
> LOL! Very well said.
>
> I haven't touched any of the books from the TUSC
> mob since Jonathan's book's been out.
>
> That lot has spouted a lot of wind and little substance.

Carlos,

Then you have certainly missed out on at least one very good book:

Oracle Administration and Management
ISBN: 0-471-21886-3
http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-0471218863.html

The esteemed Mr. Ault has also published a set of scripts that are freely available with documentation, known as "Mike Ault's DBA_UTILITIES Package".
I haven't read all of his books, but certainly the one above is a highly useful - down and dirty in the real world text. Its in my top 3.

With respect to this forum, its not the only one on the planet for discussing oracle database server topics. Ever been to http://pipetalk.revealnet.com/~dba ?

I've spent time on experts exchange, oracle forums, dba forums, whatever.

I try to keep up with the fatcity oracle-l list (digest), but due to the amount of repeated text (and poorly formatted html garbage) I tend not to read it as much as I'd like. Here I get to choose what threads to read, insert my opinion or vent into. But the latency of posting via google is quite a pain.

btw - I still get a chuckle reading the tail end of a statspack report displayed after uploading to oraperf.

Paul Drake Received on Fri May 16 2003 - 17:08:17 CDT