Re: standard or enterprise edition

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 19:58:47 GMT

Tom wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm costing for a project that will involve a hot spare db for disaster
> recovery purposes. I'm wondering if standard edition included replication or
> do i need enterprise edition for that?
>
> What are the other ways of making sure both db's automatically are in sync
> without doing say 2 daily exp's and imp's ?
>
> thanks
>
> Tom

There are other considerations and restrictions besides whether the feature you need is active or included.

Please get the full story from Oracle. The document you want to start with is http://otn.oracle.com/products/oracle9i/pdf/9idb_rel2_prod_fam.pdf and then you need to go to OracleStore at http://oraclestore.oracle.com and read the conditions in the 'Check User Minimums' links on virtually every page. Received on Fri May 16 2003 - 14:58:47 CDT