Re: Install Oracle Server on Linux

From: Patrice Castet <patrice.castet_at____nospaaaaam____in-fusio.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 12:39:24 GMT

hi !

If you're using a Pentium 4 computer, there is a bug in those processors which makes crash the Java Virtual Machine of Oracle 8.1.7 installer.

2 solutions :
1) using oracle 9i, which should be today's choice, this bug does not occur
2) if you really need 8.1.7, ask Oracle for a version of the installer which does not have this problem, this is a well known bug ...