Install Oracle Server on Linux

From: Enzo <titi_at_toto.fr>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 10:05:10 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying to install an Oracle Server on a Linux machine. I launch runInstaller but nothing append. I only have this message :

" Initializing Java Virtual Machine from / ...... Please wait .... "

My environment : RedHat 6.2, JDK 1.3.1, I try to install Oracle 8.1.7 I created my user "oracle" with the groups "orainstall" and "dba". I changed the .bash-profile for the user "oracle" (by adding several export for the oracle environment, the java environment, ...).

Can somebody help me.

Thanks in advance. Received on Fri May 16 2003 - 03:05:10 CDT