Re: Oracle dynamic spool.

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 18:11:10 GMT

NorwoodThree wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Hey, I wanted to see if anybody out there had a script that
> dynamically creates a spool file for delimited data for all tables for
> a user.
>
> For example, we have a user that we would like to spool to
> comma-delimited format, but being that there is 500+ tables, the
> select "select column01 ||','||from mytable" method would be tedious
> since we'd have to do it for each table.

Tedious? Then you don't plan on using the native database 'join' capability to get a list of the tables and run the 'create select statement' in one pass? One, or if you are inefficient, two scripts going against the dictionary and you're done.

Other than that - what is the target database? You might be able to save a lot of steps and just use heterogeneous services to go across. (After all, you are doing this for an entire user and you don't want to use user-based export/import - implication is you are moving the user to a different rdbms.)