Re: Oracle dynamic spool.

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 22:51:34 +0200

"NorwoodThree" <norwoodthree_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message news:ba03e2c.0305150956.940e844_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi guys,
>
> Hey, I wanted to see if anybody out there had a script that
> dynamically creates a spool file for delimited data for all tables for
> a user.
>
> For example, we have a user that we would like to spool to
> comma-delimited format, but being that there is 500+ tables, the
> select "select column01 ||','||from mytable" method would be tedious
> since we'd have to do it for each table.
>
> Does anybody have a scirpt that dynamically spools all tables for a
> particular user? Thanks. We are on Oracle 8174, HP-UX 11. Or if
> there is a better way, that would also be helpful.
>
> Thanks again.

Just visit asktom, and reconsider using meaningless silly column names. It wouldn't be too difficult to write a pl/sql procedure to generate the sql statement for you though. One would wish OCP candidates would have to write one, to demonstrate they *really* know something about Oracle.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA