Re: Transferring a DB to a new platform WITHOUT export/import

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 01:47:14 GMT

Consider doing a no-data export to get the dictionary, import that, then use any of a variety of tools (such as selective export/import, transportable tablespace, etc.) to get the actual data across.

IMHO, transportable tablespaces, in toto, are the second best option in this case. This will be extract and recreate scripts.

Using parallel capabilities, nologging and direct loading through export/import wil likely be the fastest way.

If the dictionary changes THAT quickly, I'd be concerned about the baseline design. It simply does not make any sense to my limited imaginiation that thing could change that quickly and still be useful. You must have many sleepless nights. Received on Tue May 13 2003 - 20:47:14 CDT