can I install oracle9i on solaris 9???

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 10:10:46 +0100

Morning 'myhome',

first question will always be this, 'did you read, understand and comply with the pre-installation instructions' ?

These tell you, regardless of operating system, what memory settings, semaphores, limits etc need to be configured into the kernel, or whatever, before you start installing Oracle. The fact that dbca bombs out sounds familiar (not only on Solaris) and usually points to a missed out bit of kernel config. You don't mention if there were any Oracle error messages but 'ORA-03113 end of file on communication channel' is usually noted with these problems.

Might help !

Cheers,
Norman.

PS. I'm not Solaris so ignore if this is a stupid question, but is Solaris 9 a 64 bit system ?

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator
Lynx Financial Systems Ltd.
mailto:Norman.Dunbar_at_LFS.co.uk