Converting LONG to CLOB datatypes in Oracle 8.0.5

From: DOKNIK <dominiqs_at_o2.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 15:16:33 +0100

All,
I am trying to convert LONG datatypes to CLOB datatype in an Oracle 8.0.5 , Solaris 2.6 environment.

I tried a script suggested on the internet, that does this conversion but this, but this script only works on Oracle 8.1.x onwards and not 8.0.5. My environment is restricted to 8.0.5.Can someone out there please tell me how to do this, whilst i am busy browsing metalink and other oracle resources. ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks Received on Mon May 12 2003 - 09:16:33 CDT