Re: Tuning Semaphores on Solaris

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 23:12:37 GMT

On Sat, 10 May 2003 22:42:56 +0000, Hans Forbrich wrote:

> Mladen Gogala wrote:
>

>> You need 1 semaphore / oracle process + several for fixed overhead.

> Basically correct ...
>
> Please go to OTN (http://otn.oracle.com), find the documentation, open the Install manual for Linux (or download the document
> http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/pdf/A96167_01.pdf) and look at page 55, aka 2-19

What makes you think that I haven't already done so? I wasn't asking for help, I was trying to help. I used Linux as an example because I don't run Slowaris at home (I used to, though) and Linux and Windoze 98 are all that I have at home. Thanks for the good intentions. I'm a senior oracle DBA that manages several databases, one of them a terabyte sized OPS database, spanning 4 HP 9000 class N nodes. Thanks for your help but I do believe that I'm perfectly capable for grappling with fairly complex oracle problems, much more complex then a simple configuration of semaphores.

--
Mladen Gogala
Software is like sex, it is better when it is free.