Re: Tuning Semaphores on Solaris

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 05:53:11 GMT

Mladen Gogala wrote:

> What makes you think that I haven't already done so? I wasn't asking
> for help, I was trying to help. I used Linux as an example because
> I don't run Slowaris at home (I used to, though) and Linux and Windoze 98
> are all that I have at home. Thanks for the good intentions.
> I'm a senior oracle DBA that manages several databases, one of them a
> terabyte sized OPS database, spanning 4 HP 9000 class N nodes. Thanks
> for your help but I do believe that I'm perfectly capable for grappling
> with fairly complex oracle problems, much more complex then a simple
> configuration of semaphores.

Back up here - are you the original poster using the identity 10Squared?

If so, then you appear to have trolled. If not, I was agreeing with you and telling the originator where to find the answer as well in the docco. Either way, no need to get into a knot. Received on Sun May 11 2003 - 00:53:11 CDT