How to recover controlfile for OMF database?

From: Peter <peter_at_nomorenewsspammin.ca>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 20:26:15 GMT

My whole database wascreated sing OMF oracle-managed files. After shutting down and restarting I got the following message:

SQL> alter database mount;
alter database mount
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00205: error in identifying controlfile, check alert log for more info

How do you actualy recover controlfiles for an OMF database? I thought Oracle is doing everything and should be able to finds its own controlfiles. Received on Wed May 07 2003 - 15:26:15 CDT