How to exit a procedure if condition is true

From: D Newsham <d_newsham_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 6 May 2003 14:49:21 -0700

I have a procedure that I need to jump out of if a variable is null. Should I use an exception, and if so what is the syntax for exiting the procedure? I know I can't use "exit" unless I'm in a loop - I'm stumped!

create or replace procedure proc_cleanup is
begin

   DECLARE

   v_id             integer;
   v_quantity       integer;

   cursor v_cursor is
   select id_no, quantity
   from table1;
BEGIN
   open v_cursor;
--fetch first recordset to get initial values

   fetch v_cursor into v_id, v_quantity;

---****

--insert the fetched values into table2

   insert into table2 values(v_id, v_quantity);
--loop through the remaining records and insert until finished

   loop
   fetch v_cursor into v_id, v_quantity;    exit when v_cursor%notfound;
   insert into table2 values(v_id, v_quantity);    end loop;
   close v_cursor;
END;
end proc_cleanup; Received on Tue May 06 2003 - 16:49:21 CDT