Re: patch with no testing

From: horse person <cameron.cleland_at_ci.sj.ca.us>
Date: 6 May 2003 14:18:07 -0700

Not to beat a "dead horse", but if you use some finesse, there shouldnt be a problem even if a patch creates a new bug. For example, you patch a TEST database, announce the availability of the patched database for testing, explain the importance of testing, and the the importance of the patch. Explain the possible ramifications of not testing. When nobody tests, whose fault is that?