Oracle Apache - Telnet Problem

From: Simon Adebisi <omar_adebisi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 6 May 2003 08:32:51 -0700

I am trying to telnet into my Sun Solaris 8 Oracle server to check out some error in the alert log that Oracle Enterprise Messenger emailed me (it's something about a block corruption error???: ORA-01578?) but cannot connect (session disconnected). Telnet has always worked before.

The only change I have made to the system is installing and starting the Apache server which comes with the Oracle distribution. I removed the default port (7777) because the security group hasn't called me back and that number is not open on the firewall. The Apache server now runs on port 23 as root.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers, Simon Received on Tue May 06 2003 - 10:32:51 CDT