problems when creating a 9i database

From: Imran Rahim <i_rahim_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 5 May 2003 05:51:04 -0700

Hi,

In my database creation script I run the following procedures for 8.1.7 but have been told that if I'm not using the latest 9i features then this is still valid:

echo catproc starting......
@$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/catproc.sql
echo caths starting......
@$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/caths.sql
echo otrcvr starting....
@$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/otrcsvr.sql

however, during catproc I get the following errors... Package body created.

Package body created.

BEGIN SYS.DBMS_METADATA_UTIL.LOAD_STYLESHEETS('/usr/oracle/9.2.0/rdbms/xml/xsl'); END;
*

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

  CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE dbms_cdc_utility
*

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE DBMS_CDC_PUBLISH
*

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE

GRANT EXECUTE ON sys.dbms_cdc_publish TO execute_catalog_role
*

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE
......and so on

what happned? - I can't understand
please help. thanks Received on Mon May 05 2003 - 07:51:04 CDT