Re: problems when creating a 9i database

From: Antoine BRUNEL <antoinebrunel/yahoo.fr>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 01:13:05 +0200

Hi from Paris

The best and efficient way to create a new database, with all versions of Oracle, is to use the Database configuration assistant (launched with 'dbca' in 9i).

This tools allow to specify which options to include (Jserver, Context, ...), and generate the adhoc scripts.

"Imran Rahim" <i_rahim_at_hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:e7519cfe.0305050451.2de87a52_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi,
>
> In my database creation script I run the following procedures for
> 8.1.7 but have been told that if I'm not using the latest 9i features
> then this is still valid:
>
> echo catproc starting......
> @$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/catproc.sql
> echo caths starting......
> @$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/caths.sql
> echo otrcvr starting....
> @$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/otrcsvr.sql
>

> however, during catproc I get the following errors...
> Package body created.
>

> Package body created.
>
> BEGIN

SYS.DBMS_METADATA_UTIL.LOAD_STYLESHEETS('/usr/oracle/9.2.0/rdbms/xml/xsl');