locked by non-existing session?

From: A DBA <dba_at_88168.org>
Date: 2 May 2003 05:52:49 -0700

I wonder if anyone has seen this situation.

Session Ses1 is blocked by a lock Lock1. So I did the query to see who is the session blocking this Ses1.
 select block.sid from v$lock block, v$lock wlock    where block.id1 = wlock.id1

         and block.id2 = wlock.id2
I got a Session number Ses2, However, when I do the select * from v$session where sid = Ses2, it didn't return any records.

The database was bounced prevented me to do further research but I am wondering if it's just a timing issue where the ses2 went away or if 'blocked by a non-existing session' could happen in Oracle. Received on Fri May 02 2003 - 07:52:49 CDT