Re: Running tablespace creation script

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 22:49:11 -0700

Peter wrote:

> Normally, I placed my tablespace creation scripts in
> \oracle\admin\<SID>\create
> I am not sure if this the suitable folder to put it.
>
> But anyway, when I ran it, it complained that the script needs to
> include user tablespace, index tablespace, and tools tablespace.
> Instead, it didn't complained about temp tablespace, and undo
> tablespace.
>
> I thought TEMP and UNDO tablespaces are mandatory.
> Which tablespaces are mandatory and which are optional?

You can run the script from anyplace on the server those the directory to which you refer is a very common place to keep a backup copy.

No database requires any tablespace other than SYSTEM. Though no functional database exists without TEMP, UNDO (or rollback) and at least one tablespace for data and indexes.

That said the only thing that can complain about user, index, and tool tablespaces is something that came out of a book. The Oracle database couldn't give a flying donut about them.

--
Daniel Morgan
(remove one 'x' from my email address to reply)