Re: how to purge archive log records from the controlfile?

From: dias <ydias_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 Apr 2003 01:44:20 -0700

Hi,

I'm not sur that the commands you use are the correct ones.

You can delete the obsolete backups (9i syntaxe) :

report obsolete;
delete obsolete;

The crosscheck command tells you if a backup still exists on the media. If the backup was deleted (by os command), the backup is flaged as expired, then you can delete it (9i syntaxe):

crosscheck backup of archivelog until time 'SYSDATE-60'; delete expired archivelog ...;

Regards

Dias