Re: Expanded Oracle DBA Site

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_golden.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 13:23:07 -0400

"Geomancer" <pharfromhome_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:cf90fb89.0304221541.3df9d729_at_posting.google.com...
> This is unbelievable!

Yes, it is unbelievale that you would think a thief has any right to complain about anything related to his theft.

> 6 - Howard J. Rogers then accuses Jeff Hunter (crossposting to SIX
> newsgroups) of being a "perp" and "pinching" uinformation that he know
> was not his.

Are you saying you have established that Mr. Rogers is not the author of the material? Because if he is the author of the material (and I don't think anyone has contested that), his name would appear on the copyright. If produced as a commissioned work, Mr. Rogers would have given up some rights to the material, and the agreement with the commissioning party would govern who retains which rights. (In this case, the agreement in question would be the employment agreement between Mr. Rogers and his employer, which I don't think you or I or anyone else on this newsgroup has ever seen.)

Regardless, I don't think anyone can credibly contend that an author has no right to tell someone who has pinched his work to stop pinching it.

Now, if Mr. Hunter had entered into some agreement with Oracle to purchase a right to reproduce the work, he could have simply responded to Mr. Rogers' challenge by pointing out he had not pinched the work but purchased it. The truth of the matter is Mr. Hunter pinched the work, which makes him a 'perp' who perpetrated theft.

Since Mr. Hunter alleges that Mr. Rogers' employer has exercised its property rights to prevent the author, himself, from publishing the work, I think we can all safely conclude that Mr. Hunter was not allowed to publish the work either--not by any party having any copyright in the work.

I am amazed that people can be so stupid. Received on Wed Apr 23 2003 - 12:23:07 CDT