Re: Expanded Oracle DBA Site

From: Geomancer <pharfromhome_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 23 Apr 2003 14:24:12 -0700

> I am amazed that people can be so stupid.

Me too.

When a writer works for a publisher, they no longer have ANY claim to the material. Besides, as an Oracle employee, Howard J. Rogers should not have been so rude and condescending.

It is the deceit and arrogance that bothers me.

Howard J. Rogers could have sent a private e-mail, but he chose to post a "it sucks" thread on six large newsgroups instead. Remember, Hoard J. Rogers did this smear knowing that he was not entitled to place his copyright.

Also, Howard J. Rogers all but admitted in the other thread that he created Lydian Third solely to thwart Oracle Corporations claim of ownership over their material:

This quote by Howard J. Rogers is pretty clear:

"Depressed though I am at recent events, such comments have persuaded me that it is worthwhile to keep going . . . The site that was taken down was my fifth. "Lydian Third" is a musical term. My trusty OED tells me that it is "the mode represented by the natural diatonic scale F-F."

Given the above, and the fact that Howard J. Rogers wrote that www.hjrdba.com was the fifth site he had taken down, I would have a really hard time believing that Howard J. Rogers does not have anything to do with Lydian Third.

Granted, the fellow should not willy-nilly reproduce web pages, but that does not give Howard the right to publicly humiliate them, especially as an Oracle Corporation employee and author.

Frankly, I think that there are no "clean hands" on either side of this dispute. Received on Wed Apr 23 2003 - 16:24:12 CDT