Re: SAN vs. NAS for Oracle

From: I.A. Saez <i.a.saez.scheihingGEENSPAM_at_tue.nl>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 12:25:12 +0200

Norwood,

We have worked the past three years with a Netapp Filer and so far everything works
fine. Performance improved a lot in comparison with local attached disks. I like very much the
snapshot facility of the Netapp. With it you can make very quickly a hot backup of a database.
The best way to answer your questions is to ask a Nas vendor to let you have a Nas device
to experiment with for a couple of weeks.

kind regards,

Ivan