Auditing on record level?

From: Georg Scholz <georg.scholz_at_vienna.at>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 13:11:27 GMT

Dear Newsgroup,

We use Oracle 8.1.7

I wonder if it is possible to audit table changes on record level ?

Our goal:
For each record of a table, we want to know who (+ timestamp) has changed (inserted, deleted, updated) that record. Furthermore, we want to print the complete history of changes for each record.

Is that possible?

I read along the audit documentation, tried some statements, and looked into the audit views; but it seems that it's only possible to get information only at table detail, not at record detail.

Thanks for any hints

--
Georg Scholz
www.scholz-informatik.at