Re: Oracle screws up Sun host

From: Ronald <devnull_at_ronr.nl>
Date: 22 Apr 2003 01:02:33 -0700

Rick Denoire <100.17706_at_germanynet.de> wrote in message news:<f3u8av41h4fpp9f79tvb3cgfsdd4qh7hvi_at_4ax.com>...
> andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net (NetComrade) wrote:
> >you should be able to connect internal and shutdown abort..
> I try to stay by the rules which say not to use shutdown abort
> unnecessarily. Well, I only know it is necessary when it does not work
> any more.

If a database must be shutdown because of a cold backup or problems, it may be shotdown. There are no rules.

The only reason to reboot a server running server is lack of knowledge. I never reboot a unix server. On windows I do reboot the server; my windows knowledge is a bit less than that of unix.

> >It's probably best that you resolve those ORA-0600's with oracle
> >support.
> I used Oracle support once. It was enough. It is a waste of time.
Oracle's unix server support is very good and I am glad they are there. For the iAS and oem products I feel the same.

See what the ora-0600 error are and solve them. With or without support but you probably need support. What changed in your environment that could be the cause of the problems (any change can be the cause) ? This the system run well in the past ?

Ronald.

http://ronr.nl/unix-dba Received on Tue Apr 22 2003 - 03:02:33 CDT