Re: Oracle 9i on Redhat 9: no go??

From: Kenneth A Kauffman <kkauffman_at_nospam.headfog.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 20:26:02 GMT

"Pasc" <nospam_at_xs4all.nl> wrote in message news:3ea134df$0$154$e4fe514c_at_dreader8.news.xs4all.nl...
> Tried to install Oracle 9i on a fresh Redhat 9 install but to no avail..
the
> installation generates an error "Error in invoking target install of
> makefile ins_oemagent.mk"
>
> Tried to run the makefile independantly..but no success either.. make -f
> ins_oemagent.mk install results in error stating that __ctype_b cannot be
> found.. and this seems to relate to a uncompatible glibc file ..
>
> any help?
>
> thanks
>
> Pasc

RedHat 9 switched to NPTL threads and their associated tools have also (binutils/gcc). This can cause some problem when compiling ANY package. I have had some issues with RH8 also. The most reliable builds I get are from 7.3 and SuSE. Keep in mind that SuSE is the core of UnitedLinux (even though other vendors are part of it), and Oracle is now supported on this enterprise offering.

I still use RedHat for my servers, but am seriously considering SuSE as they tend to stay more stable and compatible through the upgrade process. Too many inconsistencies are arising from RedHat going from version to version.

my 2 cents...

ken k Received on Sat Apr 19 2003 - 15:26:02 CDT