Can an IMPORT be stopped/interrupted?

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 08:08:06 +0100

Morning Greg,

I don't know how gracefully you want, but I've had no problems with :

        ps -ef|grep -i imp | grep -v grep | grep -i <username_doing_import>

followed by

        kill -9 <pid_of_imp_session>

After than I run a script to tidy up the carnage in the scheme I was importing into, and start the correct import again.

Cheers,
Norman.

PS. Of course, the above is Unix.

Norman Dunbar