Recover question: ALTER DATABASE USING BACKUP CONTROLFILE

From: <mokat67_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 22:15:08 GMT

Supposing that I lost my online redo-log files and still in posession of controle and archive files

I would like to know what is against the method:

  1. ALTER DATABASE USING BACKUP CONTROLFILE
Instead of:

B) Recover Database

I know that method (A) is used when the latest control files are not available anymore. But if the current control files still exits is there a reason why not to choose for method (A) in combination with a cold backup restore action? What can be negative consequences if there are any?

Thanks        Received on Sun Apr 13 2003 - 17:15:08 CDT