VMWare for Production Environment

From: Michael Heindel <meekel_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 11 Apr 2003 08:10:11 -0700

We are planning to upgrade our Oracle Financials version and in the process upgrade hardware. Our company is converting to IBM 440's and in some cases using VMWare Enterprise Linux with Windows 2000 Server for the VM on those servers. Single processor with a minimum of 4G ram. Data storage is all SANS.

Based on MetaLink and other sources of research I am not finding enough information to take back to the hardware guys to support or discount the use of VMWare for Oracle Financials production.

Can anyone provide real life examples of praises or problems is using this software? Also, have you had any problems with Oracle Support on Oracle Application Upgrade patch problems and requests?

Thank You,

Michael Heindel, AAM, OCP DBA 8&8i, AIT Received on Fri Apr 11 2003 - 10:10:11 CDT