Listener won't start

From: alexxx15 <member26332_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 13:19:29 +0000

Hi,

Oracle8i is installed on both Windows and my Unix box and there are networked. If I start windows without starting my Unix box, then sqlplus works on window for my “local” db. If both computers are started, then I can use sqlplus but connect only to my Unix db and I cannot start my windows’ Listener, which then prevents me from accessing my “local” db. When I go to Services and try to start it, it says I have to contact my administrator. Is there a way to start both local and remote db and have both listeners started as well? If so, then how do I set it up?

Thank you for your anticipated help.