Just a very simple question - ORA-01034

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 16:50:30 +0100

Afternoon,

telnet to the server and login as a member of the dba group.

Either :

svrmgrl
connect internal
startup
exit

or

sqlplus /nolog
/ as sysdba
startup
exit

Either will get you running but you'll have to have the dba group membership for the user you login to.

The second manner is best as svrmgrl and internal are no more at Oracle 9, so you are just as well getting used to it now :o)

Cheers,
Norman.

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator