Re: Convert TS from dictionary to locally managed

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 10 Apr 2003 08:08:46 -0700

"Steve Ashmore" <sashmore_at_neonramp.com> wrote in message news:<v9aiftnajgb6d6_at_corp.supernews.com>...
> I have,
> I did not have any problems. But for the majority of the tablespaces I have
> convereted
> I have create new LMT's and moved the table/indexes into them them.
> This way I knew for sure I was starting off clean. Just me opinion though.
>
> Stephen C. Ashmore
> Brainbench MVP for Oracle Administration
> http://www.brainbench.com
> Author of: 'So You Want to be an Oracle DBA?'
>
> "Evangelos Giannoulas" <gie_at_pbihag.ch> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Has anyone tried to convert dictionary managed ts into locally
> > using the TABLESPACE_MIGRATE_TO_LOCAL procedure?
> >
> > Experiences?
> > Is it safe to do it on a production system?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Vangelis

Vangelis, I believe the package is safe to use; however, because it can only convert a tablespace to autoallocate and it cannot change the existing physical allocation of objects in the tablespace plus has a few unusual and generally undesirable quirks such as still applying pctincrease after the conversion I would create new tablespaces using uniform extents like Stephen suggested.

IMHO -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Thu Apr 10 2003 - 10:08:46 CDT