Re: Oracle 9i Database Release 2 Documentation CD

From: John Russell <netnews5_at_johnrussell.mailshell.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 04:47:28 GMT

On Wed, 09 Apr 2003 00:23:26 GMT, Slava Zayarny <slavaz_at_zacks.com> wrote:

>Oracle's site (I think it's store.oracle.com) allows one to order a
>documentation pack that comes with installable and PDF-only
>documentation for something like $9. Spend the money and save
>yourself the aggravation of downloading.

Good advice.

Just to clarify, there's an installable CD that will lay down both HTML and PDF, and a viewable CD where both HTML and PDF are available directly through the browser interface. (Not sure if people really use the installation routine, vs. just doing 'cp -r' on the viewable CD.)

Alison Holloway wrote:

>I recently found links to the Documentation CD download on:
>http://otn.oracle.com/documentation/oracle9i.html

Yup, that's new.

John

--