Re: Granting table privileges

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr20002_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 08:10:25 +1000

"Chuck" <chuckh_at_softhome.net> wrote in message news:Xns935782584BA20chuckhsofthomenet_at_130.133.1.4...
> Is there a way to grant privileges on a table where the owner has not
> granted you any privileges? IMP seems to have that ability and I am trying
> to duplicate that functionality. I have the "become user" system privilege
> but have not been able to find any SQL or package that will let me do what
> I want.

Depends on your version, actually. In 9iR2, I can grant you the *system* privilege 'grant any object privilege' -at which point, you can grant privileges to anyone concerning any object in the database.

The become user privilege is indeed how import does its stuff, and if I recall correctly, there's a note in the Oracle documentation to say that use of this privilege is undocumented and unsupported.

Regards
HJR Received on Tue Apr 08 2003 - 17:10:25 CDT