Monitoring automatic analysis of stale tables

From: Rick Denoire <100.17706_at_germanynet.de>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 23:53:48 +0200

Hello

I have set the monitoring option of the tables in an Oracle DB (8.1.7) and I can see how Oracle tracks changes glancing at the DBA_TAB_MODIFICATIONS. But how do I see which tables are actually analyzed by Oracle when the routine dbms_stats.gather_schema_stats is used for stale tables? And how can I use this routine to analyze stale indexes as well?

I have put a script as a cron job that runs every 4 hours looking at stale tables and tables with empty statistics to be analyzed. I am only afraid that if the analysis of a large table takes longer than 4 hours, Oracle would decide to analyze it again while it is being still analyzed...

Thanks for your comments

Rick Denoire Received on Fri Apr 04 2003 - 15:53:48 CST