Re: Monitoring automatic analysis of stale tables

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2003 00:41:30 +0200

On Fri, 04 Apr 2003 23:53:48 +0200, Rick Denoire <100.17706_at_germanynet.de> wrote:

>I have put a script as a cron job that runs every 4 hours looking at
>stale tables and tables with empty statistics to be analyzed. I am
>only afraid that if the analysis of a large table takes longer than 4
>hours, Oracle would decide to analyze it again while it is being still
>analyzed...

There should be no need for that, or you must have very volatile tables. Running a job that frequently usually ends up in havoc. In a relatively normal situation analysis once per week should be sufficient.
Other than that various dbms_stats routines can return the tables analyzed in a pl/sql record. I don't have the documentation ready, so you probably should look that up yourself.

regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri Apr 04 2003 - 16:41:30 CST