Problem with control files

From: Marco Girouard <m.girouard_at_dsi-solution.com>
Date: 4 Apr 2003 10:14:06 -0800

Hi,

I'm kind of newbie in the Database field so no flaming please.

Don't know if this issue has been answer in the past but few houre of newsgroups searching doesn't come up with anything.

I'm currently trying to make a oracle 8i cold backup (windows 2000 OS). What I'm trying to do is shutdown the database, copy the file I want somewere else on the server restart the database and the copy will be put on tape on the folowing backup, simple as that!

My problem is, I'm able to copy all files exept the control files. As soon has I try to copy the control files, the server froze for about 30 seconds and give me an "CRC Error" message.

Anyone can help?

--
Marco Girouard
Senior System Administrator