Re: Oracle: Naked King in database land?

From: Gerard H. Pille <geert.pille_at_vandemoortele.com>
Date: 3 Apr 2003 05:41:03 -0800

"Anne" <anne_at_thereistoomuchspam.com> wrote in message news:<9oqia.9952$Pp.1241589_at_amsnews03.chello.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I am getting quite frustrated about Oracle and would like to get an idea if
> I am just being stupid, doing everything wrong, accidently using Beta
> versions or using the wrong OS or just unlucky or what? I am getting the
> impression that Oracle is
> like the vi text-editor: for freaks only and even freaks are quite easy to
> beat using most more modern software solutions.

Hi Anne,

You are both deeply unlucky AND using the wrong OS, but take my advice for what it's worth: you will immediately have realised I am a vi-freak.

Have you considered a change of career? There are plenty of very respectable jobs that have nothing to do with computers, and where you could find happiness.

Geert Received on Thu Apr 03 2003 - 07:41:03 CST